Coalition for Liberty Justice Forum 2016
On September 16, 2016 in Washington, DC, the Coalition for Liberty & Justice will hold their second forum on religious liberty.
The day-long conference will feature an intersectional group of speakers on women’s rights, LGBT rights, journalism, medicine, and religion. Panel topics include the media’s responsibilities when reporting on religious liberty, how religious doctrine affects the provision of medical services and how recent accommodations allow religious institutions to discriminate.
Welcome and Introduction by Sara Hutchinson Ratcliffe, Catholics for Choice
First Freedoms: The Media’s Portrayal of Religious Liberty and Why Framing Matters
9:30 to 11:00 a.m.
Moderator: Frederick Clarkson, Political Research Associates
- Patricia Miller, Religion Dispatches
- Adele Stan, Alternet and The American Prospect
Bogus Arguments and Bad Medicine: Bishops in the Exam Room
11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Moderator: Sonja Spoo, Catholics for Choice
- Susan Berke Fogel, National Health Law Program
- Aram Schvey, Center for Reproductive Rights
- Wayne Shields, Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
Whose Religious Liberty is it Anyway?
1:45 to 3:00 p.m.
Moderator: Glenn Northern, Catholics for Choice
- Ann Marie Benitez, National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
- Larry Decker, Secular Coalition for America
- Marianne Duddy-Burke, DignityUSA
Closing remarks by Glenn Northern, Catholics for choice