Catholics Unite to Defeat Colorado Personhood Ballot Measure
Catholics in Colorado joined their neighbors, friends and family in defeating a ballot measure that would have banned abortion in all circumstances and limited access to contraception and other reproductive health services in the state. These everyday Colorado Catholics spoke out in the weeks leading up to the defeat of Amendment 67 by a 2-to-1 margin, showing support for women’s moral autonomy and their right to make conscience-based decisions about their own health and lives. Read more.
- Tell us why you are a Colorado Catholic who opposed Amendment 67.
- Listen to CFC’s Meghan Smith discuss why many Catholics oppose these measures.
- Listen to radio ads from Colorado Catholics explaining why they’re voting no.
Allison — Her Decision
Allison — Social Justice
Gina — Conscience (Español)
Gina — Social Justice(Español)
Kathy — Moral Agency
- Catholic civil rights and social justice champion Dolores Huerta lent her support. Listen to her message in English and Spanish.
- See our copies of newspaper ads highlighting more Colorado Catholic voices from across the state.We are Colorado, Catholic, Prochoice
Jordan Sauers is a Latina Catholic for Choice