Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: President and Operations Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Budgetary Responsibility: None
Catholics for Choice (CFC) is seeking an experienced career assistant to provide administrative support for the Executive Office. This is an opportunity to learn the daily demands of a highly successful and fast-paced nonprofit while being part of a close-knit staff of passionate individuals who share a commitment to reproductive choice, justice and true religious liberty. If you are a creative problem-solver with strong representational skills, steadfast attention to detail and the will and initiative to get things done, we would like to hear from you!
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for:
Executive Office Support
- Maintaining the president’s calendar, including providing detailed information about requests for meetings, speaking engagements and writing commitments; and
- Coordinating all aspects of the president’s meetings and speaking engagements, including managing travel arrangements and meeting logistics and preparation of correspondence, briefing materials and itineraries.
- Staffing reception desk, including responsibility for answering main office phone;
- Providing administrative support for development, including processing donor acknowledgements, database management, maintaining donor files and assisting with annual appeals;
- Processing incoming checks and charges from individual donors and magazine subscribers;
- Assisting in tracking and coding some monthly financial statements;
- Monitoring and ordering adequate office supplies; and
- Providing general administrative and program support as needed.
- At the request of the president, assisting other departments on special projects, including research, distribution and other activities; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have three to five years of experience in positions requiring high-level administrative skills and office management. Candidates should possess excellent organizational and time-management skills and be able to easily manage multiple tasks and functions. They should also display impeccable verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively and diplomatically with diverse staff, contractors and vendors.
Why work at CFC?
- Because, like us, you want to shape and advance sexual and reproductive ethics that are based on justice, reflect a commitment to women’s well-being and respect and affirm the capacity of women and men to make moral decisions about their lives;
- Because you want to be part of a group of hardworking professionals based in DC who make real change happen all around the world; and
- Because CFC provides exceptional employee benefits, including competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance (CFC pays 100% of employee premium), generous paid time off (vacation, sick, personal days and holidays), 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution, commuter benefits and more.
Employment decisions at Catholics for Choice are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Catholics for Choice does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all organization-sponsored activities and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
Applicants should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please. PDF format is preferred. Applicants who do not demonstrate knowledge of Catholics for Choice’s work will not be considered.