Senior Associate for Development
Catholics for Choice (CFC) is looking for a talented, proactive Senior Associate for Development— with a track record of success—that can work with the President to cultivate and grow CFC’s donor base. CFC is a Washington, DC-based nonprofit that serves as a voice for Catholics who believe that the Catholic tradition supports a woman’s moral and legal right to follow her conscience in matters of sexuality and reproductive health. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, mission-driven nonprofit with a close-knit staff of passionate individuals who share a commitment to reproductive choice, social justice and true religious liberty.
The Senior Associate for Development works with the President to develop and implement a comprehensive national fundraising strategy to raise $3 million annually to support CFC’s initiatives. This includes the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of foundation grants and major gift from individuals. Catholics for Choice is looking for someone who is committed to advancing reproductive health and abortion rights and access around the world and has demonstrated experience in managing and implementing a successful fundraising program. Candidates should be able to demonstrate concrete success raising and securing funds.
This position is based in Washington, DC and reports directly to the President.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Identifying, cultivating, and retaining foundation and individual donors.
- Managing proposals and reports for foundations and appeals to individual donors.
- Ensuring timely and complete fulfillment of activities and expenditures consistent with grant agreements, including working with program and communications staff to capture impact and success stories through monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- Monitoring economic and interest factors relating to philanthropy in general, and to funding trends on issues relative to CFC’s mission and to CFC’s donor base to ensure adequate diversity in institutional support and responsiveness to funding opportunities and challenges.
- Preparing routine and special correspondence including acknowledgement of gifts and grants, program updates and items of interest to donors.
- Preparing appeals to individual donors twice a year, or more as required.
- Preparing internal program reports for senior staff.
- Ensuring adherence to obligations of grant agreements.
- Maintaining physical files and database records for individual and foundation donors.
- Participating in forecasting, prospecting, and most importantly, capture planning for foundation and individual donors.
- Administering occasional in-house solicitations and coordinating with an external direct mail vendor for other direct mail solicitations.
- Administering the Combined Federal Campaign activities and mailings.
- Bachelor’s degree and six or more years’ of development experience, with an emphasis on foundation fundraising.
- Interest in religion, reproductive health, and women’s rights.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with fundraising databases, Microsoft Office, Access, Word, and Excel.
- Able to work independently and to work effectively with a variety of colleagues.
- Knowledge of Catholicism is a plus.
Salary and benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. Generous benefits include medical and dental insurance (CFC pays 100% of employee premium), generous paid time off (vacation, sick, personal days and holidays), 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution, commuter benefits and more.
To apply: Send letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com, subject line: CFC,
Senior Associate for Development.
Employment decisions at Catholics for Choice are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Catholics for Choice does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all organization-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.