Test Columns (should be removed)
The Coalition for Liberty & Justice is a broad alliance of faith-based, secular and other organizations that works to ensure that public policy protects the religious liberty of individuals of all faiths and no faith and to oppose public policies that impose one religious viewpoint on all.
On February 7, 2014 in Washington, DC, the Coalition for Liberty & Justice convened a forum featuring legal and political experts, religious and community leaders, grassroots organizers and advocates for religious freedom and against discrimination.
- We support the separation of religion and state and believe that public policy should not impose or privilege any religious viewpoint.
- We support religious liberty and the ability to exercise one’s rights based on conscience, moral codes and beliefs.
- We support public policies that both respect religious liberty and protect against the use of religious beliefs or traditions to discriminate or undermine equality.
- We advance religious liberty and justice that respects individuals, supports the common good and reflects the foundational principles of our nation.
In “Towards a Truly ‘Civil’ Society,” Sara Hutchinson of Catholics for Choice and Sammie Moshenberg of the National Council of Jewish Women explain why their organizations set up the Coalition for Liberty & Justice.
During a forum on August 21, 2013, “Defending Real Religious Liberty for All,” experts from the Coalition for Liberty & Justice and allies from the international community met to discuss the current state of church/state separation in light of the US State Department’s announcement of the creation of the Office of Faith-Based Community Initiatives, as well as the ongoing litigation over federal contraceptive coverage requirements. Listen to podcasts from this event here.
- Advocates for Youth
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- American Humanist Association
- Americans for Religious Liberty
- Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
- B’nai B’rith International
- Call To Action
- Compassion & Choices
- Center for Inquiry
- Center for Reproductive Rights
- Coalition of Labor Union Women
- Concerned Clergy for Choice
- Equally Blessed
- Faith Aloud
- Gay Men’s Health Crisis
- Hadassah, The Women’s Zionist Organization of
- Human Rights Campaign
- Ibis Reproductive Health
- Institute for Science and Human Values
- Integrity USA
- Interfaith Alliance
- Jewish Reconstructionist Federation
- Jewish Women International
- Law Students for Reproductive Justice
- Medical Students for Choice
Methodist Federation for Social Action
- Metropolitan Community Churches
Military Association of Atheists & Freethinkers
- Muslims for Progressive Values
- National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum
- National Center for Lesbian Rights
- National Council of Women’s Organizations
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
- National Organization for Women
- National Women’s Health Network
- New Ways Ministry
- Nursing Students for Choice
- Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Religious Institute
- Reproductive Health Technologies Project
- Republicans for Choice
- Secular Coalition for America
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the
- Society for Humanistic Judaism
- United Church of Christ, Justice and Witness
- Women of Reform Judaism
- Women’s Alliance for Theology, Ethics and Ritual
- Women’s League for Conservative Judaism
- Women’s Ordination Conference