Conscience Magazine offers in-depth, cutting-edge coverage of vital contemporary issues, including reproductive rights, sexuality and gender, feminism, the religious right, church and state issues and US politics.
Our readership includes national and international opinion leaders and policymakes, members of the press and leaders in the fields of theology, ethics and women’s studies.
Current Issue: The Awesome Power of Choice
Vol. XXXIV — No. 3
Essays from around the World
- Classic and Remarkable: The Theologian Courageous Enough to Change
Mary E. Hunt reviews Daniel C. Maguire’s A Merry Memoir of Sex, Death, and Religion.
- The Wall of Separation: Freedom of and From Religion
Sarah Lipton-Lubet and Dena Sher review Andrew Koppelman’s Defending American Religious Neutrality.
- Europe: A Secular Space with Room for Religion
Pierre-Arnaud Perrouty reviews Peter Cumper and Tom Lewis’s Religion, Rights and Secular Society: European Perspectives.
- Business and Politics First, Women Second: The FDA’s Drug Approval Process
Kelly C. Cleland reviews Melissa Haussman’s Reproductive Rights and the State: Getting the Birth Control, RU-486, and Morning-After Pills and the Gardasil Vaccine to the U.S. Market.
- ‘A Tragedy in Three Parts’: The Sex Abuse Scandal in the Catholic Church
Bill Williams reviews Michael D’Antonio’s Mortal Sins: Sex, Crime and the Era of Catholic Scandal.
A list of new and noteworthy books
In their own words: Supporters and Critics of the church speak
Index: Abortion Costs Around the World