Digital Media Specialist
Catholics For Choice (CFC) was founded in 1973 to shape and advance sexual and reproductive ethics that are based on justice, reflect a commitment to a person’s well-being and affirm the capacity of all people to make moral decisions about their lives. The deadline to apply to this position is August 27, 2021.
Catholics for Choice (CFC) has an opportunity for a clever, creative communicator with a passion for storytelling, social justice, engaging audiences on multiple platforms and meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate to join our communications team is a conscientious self-starter, well-versed in issues surrounding reproductive rights, religion, and public policy. The successful applicant will be responsible for timely publishing on all CFC social media channels—including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Vimeo, and YouTube; help create an Tiktok presence; contribute to the maintenance and expansion of CFC’s website; develop compelling online content and engaging target audiences with that content on social media and web pages.
We are a small staff that requires a high level of personal and professional accountability, a collaborative spirit that happily works cross-departmentally, and a penchant for creative problem solving and finding positive solutions. Someone successful in this role has a deep commitment to upholding an organizational culture of inclusion, transparency, generosity, mutual respect and admiration. They also have the the ability to represent these values when the need for rapid response communications lights up. Candidates must demonstrate a strong belief in and actively support the philosophy and mission of CFC.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in English, Journalism, Religious Studies, Communications or a related field;
- Three to five years of online communications experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of Catholicism and reproductive health issues;
- Proficiency with CRM platforms (e.g. EveryAction and Salesforce);
- Hands-on experience with video and photo editing tool and digital media formats;
- Proficiency in a range of digital tools and tactics, including WordPress and Canva as well as platforms for photo and video editing;
- Experience maintaining a social media post calendar that considers both audience engagement metrics and web traffic trends;
- Excellent writing skills and an eagle eye for typos.
- Working fluency in Spanish preferred.
Salary for this position fits within a range of $63,000 to $68,000 and will be commensurate with relevant degrees and professional experience
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes excellent health care coverage, retirement plan, paid vacation and family leave
The position is based in Washington, D.C. The Digital Media Specialist must be physically located in Washington and work in-person when it is safe to return to work post-pandemic. Remote work is not an option for this position. We are planning for a hybrid schedule once we are back in the office.
Catholics for Choice seeks team members who have a passionate devotion to our mission. Please familiarize yourself with our messaging and programs prior to applying. If you are not unequivocally pro-choice, this role is not for you.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
PDF format preferred, email subject line “Digital Media Specialist.” No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.