Reports To: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Washington, D.C.
Established in 1973, Catholics for Choice works in the United States and across the world to ensure
that all people have access to safe and affordable reproductive health care services and to infuse
the organization’s core values into public policy, community life, and Catholic social thinking and
teaching. Understanding that reproductive freedom is Catholic social justice value, Catholics for
Choice works to dismantle religiously-based obstructions to abortion care, contraceptive access, and
comprehensive health care, particularly because these barriers disproportionately affect people of
color, the poor, and the vulnerable.
Catholics for Choice (CFC) is seeking an eager administrative fundraiser that is passionate about the intersection of faith and reproductive rights to serve as our Development Associate. The ideal candidate to join our team is an ambitious go-getter who is eager to learn how to use Salesforce and digital platforms to raise funds during this critical time. We are looking for a detail-oriented system builder who can help track our donors through the giving cycle and help innovate use of our database. This is a role for someone early in their career who has an interest in diving in and learning on the job in a supportive environment.
The Development Associate joins a growing Development team of two additional full-time positions. We value work-life balance and plan well in advance, so we have the space for rapid-response, with occasional need for urgent response and event support outside of traditional work hours. Someone successful in this role has a deep commitment to upholding an organizational culture of inclusion, transparency, generosity, mutual respect, and admiration. Candidates must demonstrate a strong belief in and actively support the philosophy and mission of CFC.
- Coordinates gift entry and acknowledgment process in Salesforce and EveryAction
- Ensures that all relevant donor portfolio information is recorded and maintained in Salesforce
- Manages the stewardship call process to ensure a strategic lens is applied to acknowledgment touch points.
- Assist with prospect research and portfolio assignments with guidance from the Director of Development.
- Provides support for fundraising and stewardship events as assigned, including tracking event attendance, follow-up calls, preparing name badges, assembling mailings, and working at events.
- Lead donor data management by creating lists and reports for mailings, publications, emails, and donor stewardship activities.
- Support timely and accurate production of fundraising analysis reports for use by leadership, Development staff, committees, and Board members.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure accurate recording and timely reconciliation of all gifts and reports, especially during monthly and fiscal year-end closing and audit.
- Provide excellent customer service through coverage of the Development Department phone line, email, and CFC’s HQ front desk.
- Supports the Development Department in all fundraising activities as needed. Attend events as assigned. Some evenings and weekends are required.
- Coordinates the Development Department meetings and calendar.
- Prepare presentation-quality reports and correspondence
- Advanced projects using Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Administrative/clerical projects and their duties as assigned
- One to three years of administrative experience
- Passion for social justice, Catholicism, and/or reproductive health issues.
- Ability to research information using a variety of sources
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient writing skills
- Knowledge of EveryAction and Salesforce a plus.
- Additional experience with non-profits or Americorps a plus.
Salary for this position fits within a range of $55,000 to $60,000 and will be commensurate with relevant degrees and professional experience. After 6 months of employment and successful completion of Salesforce Certification, you will receive a $2,500 raise.
CFC’s generous employee benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and long-term disability insurance for CFC employees
- 403(b) Plan with employer contribution after one year
- Paid family and medical leave of up to 12 weeks
- 20 days paid leave per calendar year
- 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- Paid time off during end-of-year office closures (December 23-31)
- Currently operating on a half day schedule on Fridays
The position is based in Washington, D.C. The Development Associate must be physically located in Washington and work in-person when it is safe to return to work. 100% remote work is not an option for this position. We are currently working a hybrid model (2 days in office, 3 days work from home), and our plan is to eventually establish a 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH permanent schedule.
Catholics for Choice seeks team members who have a passionate devotion to our mission. Please familiarize yourself with our messaging and programs prior to applying. If you are not unequivocally pro-choice, this role is not for you.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com.
PDF format preferred, email subject line “Development Associate.” No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.