Digital Media Specialist
Updated January 4, 2021
Applications viewed on a rolling basis, please apply by
COB Monday, January 24 to be considered in the first round of review.
Catholics For Choice (CFC) was founded in 1973 to shape and advance sexual and reproductive ethics that are based on justice, reflect a commitment to a person’s well-being, and affirm the capacity of all people to make moral decisions about their lives.
Catholics for Choice (CFC) is seeking a clever, creative communicator with a passion for storytelling, audience engagement, and meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate to join our communications team is a conscientious self-starter who is adept at communicating issues surrounding reproductive rights, religion, and public policy in a visual and/or pithy way. The Digital Media Specialist is responsible for creating timely and compelling content for CFC social media channels.
The Digital Communications Specialist joins a communications team of four additional full-time positions and one consultant specializing in Latinx outreach. CFC seeks a strong collaborator who will work with the Communications Team and other CFC staff as both a strategic partner and implementer in support of cross-departmental projects. We value work-life balance and plan well in advance, so we have the space for rapid-response, recognizing that social media does not always fit neatly into a 9-5 job. Someone successful in this role has a deep commitment to upholding an organizational culture of inclusion, transparency, generosity, mutual respect, and admiration. They also have the ability to represent these values when the need for rapid response communications lights up. Candidates must demonstrate a strong belief in and actively support the philosophy and mission of CFC.
- Maintain a social media calendar and posting schedule for CFC’s social media accounts, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Create visually compelling content and graphics for CFC social media and website.
- Lead and contribute to coalition partner social media efforts through creation of toolkits, graphics, and additional content.
- Produce and edit video content for social media and web, from monthly Facebook lives to short standalone videos to amplify the voices of our storytellers.
- Maintain digital content on CFC’s LinkedIn, YouTube, and Flickr accounts.
- Conceptualize a plan for emerging social media platforms, including TikTok, and make recommendations for other platforms that may arise.
- Assist with graphic design and layout development for short CFC publications/brochures and/or signs for rallies to ensure that information is presented in a visually compelling way.
- Create reporting and analytics reports on weekly/monthly/quarterly basis and make data-informed recommendations for shifts in our approach.
- Three to five years of social media and/or graphic design experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of social justice, Catholicism, and/or reproductive health issues
- Hands-on experience with video and photo editing tool and digital media formats.
- Proficiency in a range of digital tools and tactics, including Canva and Adobe Creative Suite as well as platforms for photo and video editing.
- Knowledge of Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and other online advertising a plus.
- Experience maintaining a social media post calendar that considers both audience engagement metrics and web traffic trends.
- Excellent writing skills and an eagle eye for typos.
- Working fluency in Spanish preferred.
Salary for this position fits within a range of $63,000 to $70,000 and will be commensurate with relevant degrees and professional experience.
CFC’s generous employee benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and long-term disability insurance for CFC employees
- 403(b) Plan with employer contribution after one year
- Paid family and medical leave of up to 12 weeks
- 20 days paid leave per calendar year
- 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- Paid time off during end-of-year office closures (December 23-31)
- Currently operating on a half day schedule on Fridays
The position is based in Washington, D.C. The Digital Media Specialist must be physically located in Washington and work in-person when it is safe to return to work. Permanent, 100% remote work is not an option for this position. We are working a hybrid model (2 days in office, 3 days work from home), though on pause due to the Omicron variant. Our plan is to eventually establish a 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH permanent schedule.
Catholics for Choice seeks team members who have a passionate devotion to our mission. Please familiarize yourself with our messaging and programs prior to applying. If you are not unequivocally pro-choice, this role is not for you.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We encourage candidates to include samples of their previous work as part of their application materials, though it is not required.
PDF format preferred, email subject line “Digital Media Specialist.” No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted.