NEW—Digital Media Specialist
Catholics for Choice (CFC), founded in 1973, serves as a voice for Catholics who believe that the Catholic tradition supports a woman’s moral and legal right to follow her conscience in matters of sexuality and reproductive health. CFC, headquartered in Washington, DC, works with sister organizations throughout Latin America. We maintain a presence in the European parliament and throughout Europe, working closely with Catholic and reproductive health colleagues there. CFC is an ECOSOC-accredited NGO in the UN system and has participated in many UN conferences and forums.
We have an opportunity for a dynamic, politically savvy communicator with a passion for building relationships, engaging audiences on multiple platforms and meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate to join our communications team is a conscientious self-starter, well-versed in issues surrounding reproductive rights, religion, and public policy. The successful applicant will be responsible for timely publishing on all CFC social media channels—including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Vimeo, and YouTube; helping create an Instagram presence; maintaining the website; supporting CFC publications and packaging content to engage target audiences on social platforms and web pages.
Are you a digital native who can package and communicate complex ideas for web audiences and craft a killer tweet or Instagram caption? Do you excel at prioritizing and completing work with competing deadlines and are neither shy about proposing an out of the box idea, nor offended by a little filing and office work?
We are a small staff which requires a high level of personal and professional accountability, a penchant for creative problem solving and finding positive solutions, and an ability to remain calm under sometimes stressful situations.
Here is more about the job and its requirements. Reporting to the Communications Director, skills, knowledge, and experience required for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Communications or a related field;
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills;
- Three to five years of online communications experience ;
- Knowledge and understanding of Catholicism and reproductive health issues;
- Strong public speaking skills;
- Proficiency with WordPress, web design and publishing;
- Hands-on experience with video and photo editing tool and digital media formats;
- Proficiency with CRM platforms (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot);
- Experience maintaining a social media post calendar that considers both audience engagement metrics and web traffic trends;
- Working fluency in Spanish preferred.
CFC is working remotely until it is safe to return to our offices, located a short walk from the U Street Metro Stop, at 14th and U Streets, NW. Local DC area candidates are strongly preferred but candidates located elsewhere will also be considered. In addition to a salary range of $50,000-$65,000, CFC’s generous employee benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance; life and long-term disability insurance for CFC employees;
- 403(b) Plan with employer contribution after one year;
- 20 days paid leave per calendar year;
- 12 paid holidays per calendar year;
- Up to 5 days of paid time off during the last week of the calendar year; and
- Flexible work schedule
Qualified and interested parties should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Catholics for Choice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.