Who We Are
Since 1973, we’ve worked in the United States and across the world to ensure that all people have access to safe and affordable reproductive health care services and to infuse our core values into public policy, community life and Catholic social thinking and teaching. We believe that reproductive freedom is Catholic social justice value. We work to dismantle religiously-based obstructions to abortion care, contraceptive access and comprehensive health care, particularly because these barriers disproportionately affect people of color, the poor and the vulnerable.
We shape and advance sexual and reproductive ethics that are based on justice, reflect a commitment to a person’s well-being and respect and affirm the capacity of all people to make moral decisions about their lives.Get Involved
What We Believe
We strive to be an expression of Catholicism as it is lived by ordinary people. We are part of the majority of the faithful in the Catholic church who disagrees with the dictates of the Vatican on matters related to sex, marriage, family life, and motherhood.
We believe in a world:
- Where all people are trusted to make moral decisions about their lives.
- Where the poor and vulnerable are not disproportionately harmed by ideological battles over reproductive rights.
- Where the decision to start a family is thoughtful and planned.
- Where policymakers and advocates are free to support policies that create a more just and compassionate society.
- Where life-saving health interventions aren’t blocked by sectarian interests.
- Where abortion is safe, legal, and truly accessible, and both contraception and child care are available and affordable.